Vegan cheese sauce with vegetables
This sauce is very versatile. Depending on the added spices, you can get a different taste every time. It is perfect as a pizza sauce, topping in sandwiches and casseroles.
- — Cashews - 50 g (soak cashews overnight or a few hours);
- — Nemoloko classic oat - 400 ml.;
- — Miso soy paste - 1/2 tbsp.;
- — Nutritional yeast (not baking) - 2 tbsp.;
- — Black pepper (ground) - 1/2 tsp.;
- — Smoked paprika, salt, garlic powder - to taste;
- — Tapioca starch (important!) - 3 tbsp.;
- — Cucumbers, cherry tomatoes or other vegetables for filing.
Method of preparation
Place all dry ingredients, cashews and miso paste in a blender bowl.
Add Nemoloko oat classic and blend until the sauce is smooth, no lumps of starch or miso paste should remain.
Pour the sauce into the pan. Cook the sauce over medium heat, stirring regularly until thickened, without allowing it to burn.
As soon as the "threads" begin to form, and the sauce has become homogeneous remove from heat. You can also chill the sauce at this stage if you need a thicker consistency.
Serve with fresh vegetables or use in other recipes: pizza, quesadillas, sandwiches instead of cheese. Naturally with Nemoloko!
Enjoy your meal!
Use in recipe